This statement explains how we will treat any personal information that you provide to us when you use this site. It also outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things we will not do.
The information we collect and how we use it
There is currently no registration process required at www.j-omega.co.uk to browse the site, build an order list or find out how much the postage and packing charges would be for your order. However, before completing an order and entering the payment process, the site requires you to provide your name, address and email contact details. We use these details primarily so we know where to post your order to, but we also store them along with the date of the order and the serial numbers of the products despatched to you. We do this in case we have to contact you about your product (eg. if a product recall is ever required) of if you contact us after the sale and do not know the details of the items that you ordered. We also use historic sales data, in particular products ordered and geographic location of the purchaser, for the purposes of business planning so we can improve the quality of service to our customers.
Any security-sensitive payment information, eg. credit card number, that you provide on-line is handled entirely by our third-party payment solution provider (PayPal) through their secure server. Your card details are never passed to us and therefore we have no record of them.
We do not currently engage in the sending of any promotional literature by email or post. If we do, this will relate only to our own products and/or services. We do not, and will not in the future without your permission, release your contact details to other companies or business entities for the purposes of marketing or promotion of their products or services.
Any personal data that you provide at www.j-omega.co.uk will be stored in a secure database, administered by the website hosting company. A copy of your order information and any e-mails that you exchange with us will be held in our local computer system which uses encrypted file storage. Your data is therefore well protected against unauthorised disclosure, even in the event of a malicious act (e.g. theft of our computer's disk drive).
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, j-Omega Electronics provides the following statement of compliance:
- Name: Dr John Wale, trading as 'j-Omega Electronics'
- Purpose of data processing: to enable the delivery of products bought on-line to the customer's address, to notify the customer of the status of his/her order during processing and to allow later notification of the customer in the event of it being necessary to supply significant product-related information
- Data collected: Customer name, delivery address, e-mail address and (optionally) telephone number
- Recipient of data: j-Omega Electronics proprietor and appointed agents
- Retention period of data: up to the time limit of product support (which may be indefinite)
- Rights of the individual with respect to data held: to request a copy of all data held by j-Omega Electronics about that individual, to instruct deletion of all records records relating to that individual
- Right to withdraw consent to use data: the individual may at any time contact j-Omega Electronics using any of the advertised means given at www.j-omega.co.uk to instruct that no further communication is to be initiated by j-Omega Electronics to that individual (except for an acknowledgement of the instruction)
- Right to lodge a complaint: contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk
Please note: Due to annual holiday arrangements, orders placed from 18th October onwards will not be processed until 5th November